Ramsgate Branch

Formed in 1939, the Ramsgate Branch of the Royal Naval Association celebrated the 75th Anniversary of the Branch on Sunday 4th May 2014 with a Church Service in St. George the Martyr Church, Church Hill, Ramsgate.

For many years, meetings were held in a number of Ramsgate pubs. Then in 1970 the branch succeeded in finding a permanent home at Church Hill and the membership transformed the old building into a club house.

In recent years there have been major improvements made to the building. The bar area was completely rebuilt, this was followed by resurfacing the main floor area. Then came the building of the flag deck providing a seating area outside. The latest building work has seen the heads move from outside into the modern Jack and Jenny area inside on the ground floor.
All these changes have been made by a few hard working and dedicated branch members.


To foster comradeship and "esprit de corps" amongst those who have served or are serving in our Naval Forces.
To perpetuate the memory of those members of our Naval Forces who have died in the service of their country.
To provide relief from conditions of need, hardship or distress, to persons who serve in or have served in our Naval Forces and all dependants of such persons.
To advise and assist Members in their search for employment.
To advise Members and their dependants on personal matters, such as pensions, compensation, health and social security benefits and other subjects affecting their welfare.

Unity, Loyalty, Patriotism and Comradeship

Once Navy Always Navy